We do not hold regular classes every week. However, when parents want to offer classes to our community, they do so at the location and time of their choosing:
- therefore no pressure on any parent to volunteer to teach
- families can choose independently what they want to pursue for their children
- this means no forcing students of different levels or interests in one classroom
- we also have Virtual Classroom capabilities.
Our educational field trips will mostly be held on Thursdays. These
- require pre-trip research and studies
- to ensure that our students can get more out of the field trip and speakers.
Project fairs run monthly and include science, math, literature, and history. Students need to apply a month in advance to join. These project fairs are designed with gifted student's learning in mind. This ensures our students:
- are able to delve into the subject they are motivated to learn,
- can study their topic of choice at their own pace,
- have one whole month to work on their project,
- are given the space to communicate with other co-op students about their interests throughout the month via our virtual classrooms, and
- be able to share it in final presentation format with the community.
Two hours every week of free range park days are essential for our families. This is the time
- our children learn how to communicate with each other
- our parents get to know one another
Social Events sans Kids
Some parents prefer social events without children and these are usually at a convenient time for those who want to participate.